Serving Clients For 18+ Years
Our Commitment:
  • No Set Up Fee
  • Fixed Monthly Fee
  • Month To Month Contract
  • Try Our Service FREE For 30 Days
Call Us 813 322 3936

We Are Your Bookkeeper on a daily basis, CFO on a monthly basis, and CPA on a year round basis.

Get Started

The Tax Filing Date

Just like last year, the Tax Filing deadline date has been shifted from April 15 to April 18, because of the Emancipation day.

This is because April 15 and April 16 fall on Saturday and Sunday respectively.

Normally, the tax deadline to file our taxes or at least pay what we figure we owe for last year even if we get an extension to finish the paperwork later should be moved to the next Monday, April 17 — except that, Emancipation Day has also been moved to that same day since April 16 falls on a Sunday.

Thus, the tax-filing deadline is shifted one more day ahead, to Tuesday, April 18.

Don’t know what Emancipation day stands for?

Well, Emancipation Day is a legal holiday, held on April 16 to celebrate the DC Compensated Emancipation Act of 1862 that ended slavery in Washington, DC.

Now, does this shifting of a thing means a little to you? Honestly, it doesn’t mean much to me either.

Below are the essential forms you need to get ready ASAP:

W-2: This is your most important form. You’ll need one from each employer you worked for over the past year.

1095-A: If you, your spouse, or a dependent bought health insurance through a state or federal exchange, you’ll get this health insurance marketplace statement.

1099-MISC: This form documents the miscellaneous income that you received, or payments of $600 or more.

1099-B: This form, typically issued by a broker, summarizes the proceeds of any stock transactions you made.

1099-INT: This document details taxable interest paid out to you during the year. If you earned more than $10 in interest on a bank account or a certificate of deposit, you’ll get one of these forms for each account.

1099-DIV: This form, sent out by investment companies, is a record of all capital gains and dividends paid out to you during the year, including those you re-invested.

1099-R: Any distribution greater than $10 from a pension, annuity, profit-sharing or retirement plan, individual retirement account, or disability or life insurance policy is detailed on this form.

1099-G: If you collected unemployment insurance, you should get this form stating the amount.

1099-C: This is the form you get when a lender or creditor discharges a debt you owe.

1098: Homeowners may receive this form from their mortgage company, or a document of the company’s own design that similarly lists how much you paid in interest last year.

1098-T: Higher-education students should receive this form from their academic institution, which reports the amount of qualified education expenses paid.

1098-E: If you’re paying back a student loan, you will get this form from a lender detailing the amount of interest paid on your educational debt, assuming the interest paid equals $600 or more in the past year.

imageChat live now image

Got question?
Chat with a SK Financial CPA representative